- How can I benefit from entering this program?
girl has her own goals as she enters this program. So ask yourself
"What goals would I be striving for?" Some answers are: "To become a
better speaker, to get over stage fright, to learn modeling skills, to
overcome shyness, to get involved with community service, to earn money
for college, or even to practice so that I can enter Miss Teen USA,
Miss USA, Or Miss America someday". These are all great answers!
- Gaining poise along with building self confidence and enhancing
self-esteem is the number one way to benefit that each girl can carry
with her in ALL phases of life. From giving a speech in school, to
auditioning for modeling jobs, to interviewing for college or your
first job.... Shelly's Queens of today ARE tomorrow's leaders!
- What experience do I need or what is required to enter?
- . Most
girls who enter have never done a pageant before. We provide complete
information leading up to the
Pageant weekend to prepare you which also builds your
confidence and you will find that you can be a role model to others!
You should follow the age division requirements to determine what
division you will be in.
if you have the desire to be in a Pageant , We offer a positive forum for self enhancement and to showcase
and talents while being rewarded in a variety of ways,
- We want to hear
from you today!
- Can you explain the competition events in detail?
competition events are exciting and you have the opportunity to excel
in! Each girl depending on the selected pageant entering will participate in a category of required elements which are:
- Personal Interview
(A brief introduction about yourself) and the judges will ask you
questions from your BIO that you submit. This interview will last for 4
minutes with a panel of 3 to 5 judges. Each Judge will be given a BIO/FACT
sheet from which you will submit in your paper work.
- Some Interviews will take place on stage or in a personal setting. Just depends on the pageant entering and may be times for 90 seconds.
- Evening Gown (Model your Favorite Gown) Formal attire required.
Shelly recommends Rhinestone Run Way in Kenner and Lake Charles, Louisiana. Ally Cats Formal Attire in Slidell for Formal wear and accessories.
- Swim suit competition..For Teen & Miss..One piece or two piece.
- Taupe sandals or clear shoe prefer.
- You can purchase shoes from www.shellyspageantexpress.com
- On Stage personality Interview..You
will have 3 topics you choose to discuss on stage. It's easy and fun
and also allows the new contestant to get her feet wet in preparation
for her next competition.
- Some times the judges will ask you a question from your BIO/Fact sheet on stage.
- Interview, swim suit, evening gown are all 1/3 of scoring or if different, the director will inform you of the scoring for the chosen pageant.
- The Contestant in each division having the highest score in all categories of competing becomes our winners,
- The Winner from all division with the highest score, wins the SUPREME award.
- Photogenic Competition...You
will be required to submit a up close photo of you. This is called a
head shot and will be selected by the judges for the Photogenic Award.
There will be a winner in each division. You should submit this for
Orientation & registration.
- Portfolio Competition......You
are asked to submit a portfolio. This is 5 photos or more placed in a
binder or photo album with your Name and Age placed on the front cover.
Usually 5x7 or 8x10's score better. This can be random shots you take
or find a local photographer in your area. These two areas of
competition doesn't have any baring on the out come of the pageant,
just optional areas of fun competition.
- What are my biggest responsibilities as a Queen?
and foremost, a Beauty Queen must conduct herself
- a role model at all times, ESPECIALLY in crown and banner, but in
- things she does to enhance herself. It is your choice of making as
- or as little appearances at your own Hometown, State or Parish. We
- seek a special girl who is respectful of others and who wants to
- her positive spirit with those around her! You can promote
- your title, and the pageant program through fun appearances,
- community service or recommending your friends to the program.
- What happens after the pageant in over and I won?
- The Director will pay your
required State fee directly to the state director. You will be
contacted by the State Director and given Paper work, guidelines and
requirements for that specific pageant.
sponsors to support you is surprisingly easy to do! State Directors provide you with an array of information and ideas
to seek sponsorship for ad sales and wardrobe fees. This includes sponsor letters
with your name on it that you first give to family and friends who know
you. These are your best supporters of course! You will also have
information on how to obtain a business sponsor. Make a list with your
family of area businesses that you support and you will find they are
only too happy to support your endeavors. A minimum $100 business
donation is also tax deductible as a business and advertising expense.
All personal and business sponsors names are featured in the program
book and are announced while you are on stage. This depends on the pageant director, it may vary.
- Please adhere to deadlines and pay any fees due on time out of respect
for the title you hold and for your City and State Director.
- Can my family and I just pay our entry fees or have just one sponsor?
What if I live out side the City or Parish Guide lines?
This is your choice. A lot of the girls will find that 1 or 2 members
of the family, like grandparents will generously support you. Obtaining
sponsorship can be fun and a great way to introduce your newly gained
title to the people you already know in your community. It also helps
build your public speaking skills and confidence to meet new people and
seek sponsorship. The important thing is to be involved and to meet the
deadlines given so that sponsor fees are paid in a timely fashion. If
you are nearing a deadline and are waiting for a specific sponsorship,
simply contact your State or local Director to give a friendly update on the
status of your sponsors!
have had many cities and parishes participate in our Pageants.
We welcome the opportunity for contestants to qualify as long as they
live in Louisiana and are willing to make appearances when asked.
- Is there a Contract I must sign if I am a Queen?
do have a "contract" like some other pageants. You do agree to follow our
simple guidelines, adhere to deadlines and always be a good role model
and a good sport. By qualifying and entering, you are to represent your
title and pay or get sponsors for your fees. Not all of the pageants that Shelly produces has a contract. Just ask us before entering.
- Go to How To register to sign up
to become a contestant in the Next Miss Camellia City or Miss La. State Pageant. Once you
register and pay your $25 deposit, a complete information packet with
paper work will be sent to you by email.